How you save
How much you save depends on your Vitality status and is calculated on the fare and VAT excluding airport taxes. The discount will apply to the base fare, VAT and YQ taxes for all domestic British Airways (Operated by Comair) routes. Savings only apply to Vitality members, non-members travelling with Vitality members do not qualify for Vitality savings.
Find out how you can save with Travel Booster.
Booking for dependents
Children under 12 can benefit from Discovery Vitality discounts if they are booked together with an adult on the same Vitality profile. If a parent and child are booked together, both will benefit from the Discovery Vitality discount.
The child's booking will not benefit from the Vitality discount if:
- A child booking has been added after the booking has been confirmed
- The adult booking and the child's booking are on different Vitality membership numbers
Therefore, if you are a Discovery Vitality member with your child is a dependent and your child is travelling with another adult, even if that adult is a Vitality member, your child will not receive a Vitality discount.
A child under the age of 12 cannot fly alone on kulula. For an unaccompanied minor to benefit from the Vitality discount you can book them on a British Airways (operated by Comair) flight by calling the special projects on 011 921 0490.
Changes and cancellations
- For kulula.com flight bookings, go to the ‘manage my booking’ tab
- For British Airways (operated by Comair) bookings, visit ba.com
- Combined bookings – call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852)
- Name changes are not permitted
- Vitality discounts do not apply to change fees
Terms and conditions
- A variable booking fee applies to domestic and regional flights on British Airways (operated by Comair) and kulula.com flights booked using the Vitality benefit. This fee is charged on each ticket (sector) you book, and both adults and children are charged separately. The fee does not apply to infants under 2 years of age. The booking fee for domestic and regional flights will vary depending on the date of booking vs date of departure:
- If a booking is made 21 days or more prior to the departure date, a booking fee of R40 applies.
- If the booking is made between 7 and 20 days before the departure date, a booking fee of R60 applies.
- If a booking is made less than 7 days before the departure date, a booking fee of R80 applies.
- To take advantage of Discovery Vitality flight savings, you need to be a Vitality member for more than three months.
- Members are entitled to travel on any available domestic flight, at any time, limited to a total of 12 domestic return flights or 24 one-way flights in a year. This includes flights on our special rates and sales.
For more information visit discovery.co.za.
To book log in with your Vitality number and member surname.