What’s the deal?
As a Discovery Vitality member it pays to be healthy, and the healthier you are, the more it pays. You’ll benefit from great savings on British Airways, Emirates and Qantas international flights. Two discounted international flights are available to you per
- There is a fixed R40 Vitality booking fee added to all international flights booked through kulula.com using the Vitality benefit. This fee is charged on each ticket you book, and both adults and children are charged separately
- All members on an active Vitality policy will qualify for this benefit. You must be 18 years or older to make a booking
- Bookings need to be made at least six weeks in advance
- The limit for this is up to two international economy or one premium economy flight for each member on the Vitality membership, per
- The saving is calculated on the base fare which means it excludes airport taxes
- Rates and availability will be the same as the best quoted international fare on the day that you make your booking
- For changes, cancellations or refunds contact the Vitality International Call Centre 011 921 0490 (office hours) at least 24 hours before departure. Tickets carry restrictions regarding changes, cancellations and refunds
- If you do not live in Cape Town, Jo’burg or
Durbswhen booking an international flight, you will need to book the connecting flight separately. Do this by either booking a Vitality British Airways (operated by Comair) flight or a Vitality kulula.com local flight separately from the international flight. If you select this option this flight will contribute to both your international and domestic flight allocation
- If you are booking more than one international city or a stopover, give us a call to arrange for you on 011 921 0490, Monday to Friday,
- Please ensure that your connecting flights arrive at least 3 hours prior to your international departure time. If a domestic flight is delayed, and you miss your international flight this will constitute as a no show. A new ticket will have to be purchased
- If a customer decides to book offline with the British Airways Special Projects team a service fee will be charged over and above Vitality booking fee.
Where can I fly to?
You can use this benefit for one-way or return flights departing from South Africa (Jo’burg,
British Airways, with all flights passing through London:
Emirates, with all flights passing through Dubai:
Qantas, with all flights passing through Sydney
Visit the Discovery website for more information on Discovery Vitality.
NB international flight info:
Adults travelling with children under 18 years
Passports and visas
- Check your passport validity dates as well as all destinations, even the stop over ones. Many countries require your passport to be valid during and beyond the length of your stay, so check what applies to you.
- Check which destination countries require visas and apply well ahead of time.Some passports require transit visas, please confirm details with the relevant authorities.
- Make sure you have the right travel documents for your trip. Entry and transit requirements can change so please check the requirements with the Consulate or Embassy of all countries on your route. Your passport must be valid for 6 months from your return date and contain at least 3 blank pages.
- Make sure your name details are exactly the same as what appears on your passport when making a booking. If they do not match, please do not continue with the booking. Call the Vitality International Contact Centre on 011 921 0490 to make an offline booking.
Changes, cancellations, refunds
Contact the Vitality International Call Centre 011 921 0490 at least 24 hours before departure.
Monday to Fridays: 07h30 – 17h00
Saturdays and public holidays: 08h00 – 12h30
Closed on a Sundays
- Tickets carry restrictions regarding changes, cancellations and refunds
- All service fees and change fees are charged per person
- If you miss a flight this constitutes a no-show and a new ticket will need to be purchased, your original ticket will be non-refundable and any onward connections will be cancelled
- if your ticket qualifies for a refund, it can take up to 8 weeks for the refund to be processed
Advanced passenger information
The governments of various countries are required to collect Advanced Passenger Information from passengers before they travel. You may submit your information online under ‘Manage My Booking’ or at airport check-in.
The following information is mandatory:
- Passport number, country of issue and expiry date
- Your name as it appears on the passport
- Date of birth
Additional information for travel to the USA:
- Country of residence
- Destination address in the USA (except USA citizens or residents)
- The Alien Registration Number (Green Card) for USA residents only
Tips for packing your bags
- Before you travel, weigh your bags and make sure both your checked and hand luggage are within the maximum luggage allowance
- Pack valuables into your such as medicine, money and important documents in your hand luggage
A fee is charged for overweight baggage. Please check the baggage allowance with the chosen carrier
- Your baggage allowance depends on your travel class and ticket type
- Baggage allowance depends on the baggage rules applied at the time of your flight
- Different rules apply to specific destinations
Firearms and ammunition
- Guns and ammunition are restricted on some international flights
- No firearms, including sporting rifles, are allowed on any flights operated by Comair domestically. (This includes domestic British Airways and kulula.com flights).
- On services where guns and ammunition are carried, a handling fee may be charged or they may be excluded from your free baggage allowance. In this
casean excess baggage fee is charged
- Permission must be granted before check-in
- All guns and ammunition must be carried as checked baggage only
- All guns must be unloaded, have the safety catch on and be suitably packed
- Carrying guns and ammunition is covered by the ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA Regulations referred to above
- Please carry all guns or ammunition documentation and licences with you
- Please carry all documentation and licences for guns or ammunition with you when travelling
Special needs assistance
Before you travel please call Vitality International on 012 921 0490 to let us know if you need any special assistance with the following:
- Have a disability and need assistance
- Need to book a wheelchair or other mobility assistance
- Want to check if you are fit to fly
- Wish to travel with your pet
- Are booking a flight for an unaccompanied child
- Have special dietary requirements
Travelling with your own wheelchair
When travelling with your own wheelchair please have details of its size and weight on hand when making a booking. You should know that:
- As long as there is space, collapsible wheelchairs and mobility aids will be kept in the aircraft cabin. If not, wheelchairs will be carried in the hold section of the aircraft
- Up to two mobility aids, e.g. a wheelchair and checked baggage allowance will be carried for free
- Battery-powered wheelchairs require certain safety measures before travel
- Some airports might have to take your wheelchair or mobility aid at check-in and return it on arrival. You’ll be transported from check-in to the aircraft in another
wheelchair,and on arrival from the aircraft to the baggage hall of your destination airport