Each passenger is allowed one free piece of checked-in luggage up to 20kg and one piece of hand luggage up to 7kg.
Sometimes 20kg is not enough. Sometimes you don’t know what you’ll be packing when you’re booking your flight. Other times you might want to pack light when you depart for a shopping spree and buy extra bags on your return.
You can purchase additional baggage in 3 ways:
- Online – This can be done when you make your flight booking or when you ‘manage your booking’ at least 2 hours prior to flight departure. The extra bag fee is R245 each and payable by credit card only
- Contact Centre – 0861 KULULA (585852) at least 2 hours prior to flight departure (Monday to Sunday from 7am to 7pm) at R245 per bag
- At the airport – R350 per bag
- Extra bag purchases are not refundable after check-in. To cancel your purchase call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852)
- There is no sharing of bags. If two people are travelling and use one bag but the bag weighs over 20kg a heavy bag fee will be charged.
- If you’ve checked in online please drop your bag at the bag drop-off zone at least 30 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights and 40 minutes prior to departure for international flights
extra bags for British Airways flights
If you’re flying British Airways (operated by Comair) you can buy extra bags at ba.com with your reference number.
World Travellers are allowed one free checked bag of up to 23kg. All cabin classes are allowed one carry-on bag of up to 23kg. Please read all the information on checked baggage and hand luggage at ba.com.
extra bags for international flights
Please visit the specific airline page or website for the baggage allowance allowed.
To make carrying and picking up easier, elderly folk and travellers with reduced mobility may disperse their luggage weight and travel with two bags of 20kg in total.
Carriage of medical aids such as wheelchairs and dialysis machines onboard are not charged for. Please do call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852) to make prior arrangements.