Do all kulula credit card holders earn credit card rewards?
If your kulula credit card number begins with 4222 you don't earn kulula moolah credit card rewards on your monthly credit card spend, but you’re still entitled to the following benefits:
- Burn your kulula moolah for anyone, on any kulula flight at anytime
- 5kg extra free baggage allowance if you present your kulula credit card at check-in, when travelling on a kulula.com flight
- You get all the convenience associated with a Visa credit card, easy shopping at 25 million stores world wide, wherever the Visa logo is displayed
- Up to 55 days interest free credit period
- Budget facility for purchases over R200 which can be placed on budget over a period from 6 to 60 months
- Free Global Travel Insurance when you pay for you ticket in full with your kulula credit card.
- Free online banking registration and subscription
- Free 'moolah messaging' on all transactions over R100
- Free lost card and PIN protection
What is kulula moolah?
Whenever you spend on your kulula credit card, you get cash back in the form of 'kulula moolah' which you can put towards any kulula flight to any kulula destination, at any time. You don't have to collect enough kulula moolah to pay for an entire flight, just use what you've got and pay for the rest, and you can also book tickets for family and friends using your kulula moolah, not just yourself. kulula moolah cannot be redeemed for cash, only for flights.
How much moolah do I earn on my credit card spend?
We'd like to give you the world. But since that's beyond our budget, we've worked out a nifty system to get you jetsetting. The amount of kulula moolah you earn will depend on how much you spend during one month.
|spend during the month:||you'll get back:|
|R0 - R5 000||= 3% back in kulula moolah|
|R5 001 - R10 000||= 2% back in kulula moolah|
|R10 001 - R20 000||= 1% back in kulula moolah|
So if you spend just R2 000 on your credit card for 6 months, you'll have R360 in kulula moolah to blow.
The best news is airport taxes can also be 'paid' for using your kulula moolah, so there's really no hidden costs. Just remember that the kulula moolah you earned in month 1 will expire in month 6 (it's a rolling expiry) so it's a good idea to book your seat before then.
See our calculator crunches for more examples.
calculator crunches (earning examples)
The amount of kulula moolah you’ll earn will depend on what you spend on your card during that month. Earn anything from 1 – 3% cash back.
kulula moolah earning on general spend monthly
|monthly spend||kulula moolah earning|
|R0 - R5 000||3%|
|R5 001 - R10 000||2%|
|R10 000 - R20 000||1%|
Here's an easy example of your spending for the month:
Your kulula moolah earned would be split over two earning categories:
|kulula moolah earned over two spend levels|
|spending||%||kulula moolah earned|
|R5 000||@ 3% =||R150|
|R 770||@ 2% =||R15.40|
How much kulula moolah have I got to spend?
The website will tell you how much kulula moolah you've earned. If you don't have enough moolah to book a full flight, don't panic. You can use what you've got and pay the balance using your credit card.
The great thing about kulula moolah is that you don't have to spend years hoarding and collecting moolah before you can use it. Every little bit counts, and you can redeem it as soon as it's in your account.
When and where can I view my kulula moolah balance?
Once a month you'll receive your credit card statement, which will show your kulula moolah earned for that statement. Better yet, at any point in time you'll also have access to all this info online when you log in using your travelbank username and password.
redeeming your kulula moolah is oh-so-easy:
- A travelbank account would have been set up on your behalf when we changed systems.
- Your kulula moolah spend will reflect in the travelbank account.
- Once you’ve received your login and password simply shop on kulula.com, find your perfect fliht and log into travelbank through the ‘kulula ID’ login.
- Once you get to the payment page you can select travelbank to pay or part pay for your flights.
- Always combine your payment with a credit card. *Hint - pay with your kulula credit card and earn even more kulula moolah.
- You’ll need to activate your kulula ID.
- To activate visit kulula.com and create a kulula ID profile. (This tells us just a little more about you)
- Once you have your kulula ID give us a call on 0861 KULULA (585852)
- We’ll help you set up your travelbank account.
- R200 will be deposited into this account if you spend R1, 000 in your first month.
When don't I earn kulula moolah?
There aren't many occasions when you won't earn moolah, but these are them:
- On certain transactions, such as ATM transactions, internet and electronic transactions, when you buy petrol or anything related to petrol, when you withdraw cash and when you make purchases with travellers' cheques
- On finance charges, account service fees and ledger fees. If you have government tax debited against your account, you won't earn moolah, either
- If your account goes into arrears, there will be no moolah for you. You won't earn moolah from the date your account goes into arrears until you pay the required amount
- Once you've spent over R20 000 in the same month (or billing cycle), you won't earn any kulula moolah. Why you ask? Cause we're encouraging responsible shopping. We don't want you to blow all your bucks in one month on credit.
Does kulula moolah expire?
Yip! kulula moolah expires every 6 months, i.e. the kulula moolah earned in month 1 will expire at the end of month 6. Keeping in mind, you can still travel on any flight at any time - as long as you book your trip before the six months expire.