kulula loves music, and we understand that musical instruments may require special handling due to their size, shape or fragility. Best to call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852) to get the latest info when travelling with one to avoid any inconvenience.
We're happy for you to carry your cello with you as baggage in the cabin, but such a special instrument needs extra special procedures to ensure it arrives safely and ready for the stage.
Arranging the transportation of your cello
- Call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852) to make a booking at least 48 hours prior to your departure
- You will need to purchase an extra seat to ensure that your cello can be safely stowed next to you in the cabin; the charge will be equivalent to the adult fare.
- Seats will be pre-assigned; your cello will occupy a window seat and you will be seated next to it. Note that emergency exit row seats may not be allocated in accordance with airline safety standards.
- Customers travelling with a cello as cabin baggage may check in one bag weighing up to 20kg free of charge.
- If you are carrying more than that then you can always pre-pay for an extra bag at a discounted rate in advance (online or via the Contact Centre), or at the higher rate on departure at the airport.
- You need to be at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure (yes, even for a local flight) and will need to check in at a manned check-in desk
- No self-service facilities are available for flight changes when flying with a cello as cabin baggage due to the special handling procedures that apply.
- Vitality discounts do not apply to the cello charge.