We love all types of sports and encourage people to play all around our beautiful country. So to get the most out of your flight, ensure you understand the baggage policy so you can take all your gear along. The checked bag allowance per travellers is dependent on the Branded Fares option selected at the time of booking, please check your booking to confirm the applicable baggage allowance. If you’re travelling with your sports equipment , we recommend you purchase an extra bag online for less to cover your sports equipment.
The maximum dimensions permitted for any sports equipment are 190 x 75 x 65 cm.
If your equipment exceeds 20kg a ‘heavy bag’ fee is charged.
Accepted sports equipment includes but is not limited to the following:
- scuba regulator & tank pressure gauge
- tank harness
- face mask, fins & snorkel
- one knife & one spear gun properly packed to comply with Dangerous Goods requirements
- buoyancy control device
- weight belt
- empty cylinder tank (refer to manufacturer for packing advice)
If you are travelling with skis or snowboards these must be packed in a recognised ski or snowboard bag.
If you are travelling with skis and boots you should:
- pack your skis and boots seperately or
- pack your ski boots within your checked baggage
Each bag that exceeds your free checked baggage allowance wil incur an extra bag fee.
Please note we do not accept any firearms either personal or sporting
The following items cannot be accepted as checked baggage and must be sent as cargo or freight:
- Windsurfing boards and sails
- Water skis that exceed maximum dimensions
- Surfboards that exceed maximum dimensions
- Kayaks and canoes
- Pole vaults
- Sporting and Hunting weapons (cannot be accepted as freight or cargo either) with exception of the items listed below.
Important note; the following items may be accepted as checked baggage provided that they are properly packed to comply with Dangerous Goods requirements.
- Paint Ball guns - these normally come with compressed gas which is prohibited.
- Knives and ceremonial swords
- Toy guns (except pellet guns or similar air guns)
* Travelling with a bicycle
Bicycles must be disassembled and packed according to aircraft requirements and checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to departure. Please note that e-bikes will not be accepted for travel in the cargo hold, nor as cabin luggage on any kulula aircraft due to the size and capacity of the lithium-ion battery, which exceeds limitations.
Guidelines for disassembly:
- Remove front wheel
- Shift to the highest gear and remove back wheel if necessary
- Remove pedals
- Lower or remove seat post
- Turn handle bars sideways and tape to the frame, ensuring the front forks are secured
- Remove any accessories
- Deflate the bicycle tyres
- Pack your bicycle in a box or a specially manufactured bike case
- Place any accessories in the box
- Only bike parts must be packed in the box
- No part of the bike must protrude out of the box. Seal, label and tag
If you have any queries call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852).