Group baggage allowances and conditions:
- The checked bag allowance per travellers is dependent on the Branded Fares option selected at the time of booking and ranges from hand baggage only, i.e. no checked baggage with our ‘Fly Light’ fare option, 1 checked bag @ 20kg with our ‘Pack & Go’ fare option, or up to 2 checked bags @ 20kg each as part of our ‘Fully Loaded’ fare option. Please check your booking and refer to our Branded Fares information for more details on the different baggage allowances when travelling with us.
- Only one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 7kg plus one small personal bag or slimline laptop bag is allowed
- Sports and music groups are allowed to check-in an additional bag per traveller weighing no more than 20kg for sporting and musical equipment. To qualify for this extra allowance all sports and musical groups must travel on the same flight
- For checked baggage between 20-32kg, a heavy bag fee of R410 will be charged at the airport
- An extra bag will cost you R410 per bag at the airport or R330 through our Contact Centre
- Additional bags can be added to your booking no less than 2 hours prior to flight departure through our Contact Centre
- Extra bags are only refundable if refunds are requested more than 2 hours before your flight departure
Please take note of the in-flight baggage restrictions. When checking your group in, you will be asked a number of security questions. These questions pertain to both cabin baggage and checked hold baggage:
- Does this bag belong to a member travelling in your group?
- Did the member pack the bag themselves?
- Has it been in the member's possession since they packed it?
- Are you sure that no-one has given the member anything to carry for them?
- Have you removed all your valuable items from you bag?
Ensure that all valuables are removed from your checked baggage. We do not accept liability for loss or damage for valuables such as, but not limited to the following: cameras, mobile phones, money, jewellery, electronic equipment, computer equipment (including laptops), legal or travel documents or anything else that's important to you.
For more information on baggage conditions, read here.