Important things to know before you check-in
- Online check-in opens 24 hours before flight departure
- Online check-in closes 1 hour before flight departure
- Arrive at the airport 90 minutes before flight departure
- Bring along your valid government-issued South African ID book/Smart Card, driver's license or valid passport. Learn more on acceptable forms of identification.
- Minors younger than 18 years old travelling to or from South Africa need to travel with the necessary documentation including an unabridged birth certificate
- Drop your luggage off at the "bag drop off" zone before going through security
- Seat allocation may change due to operational, safety or security reasons
- Exit row seats are restricted from online check-in
- By checking in online you can print your boarding pass at home or at the airport
- Customers who purchase pre-paid seats still need to follow the check in procedures
Please select an option above. ↑
If your flight number starts with MN please check in 24 hours before departure using your reference number.
British Airways flight (operated by Comair)
If your flight number starts with BA please check in 24 hours before departure by visiting ba.com using your British Airways reference number.
Visit the airline website or check-in at the airline specific check-in counter.
If you are flying internationally, please ensure that you check-in at the counter specific to the airline you are flying with.
What you need to know
- Check your flight numbers before proceeding to the correct counters. ‘MN’ means proceed to the kulula counters, and ‘BA’ means proceed to the British Airways counters
- Drop your bag at the bag drop-off zone at least 45 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights and 60 minutes prior to departure for international flights before going through security
- Bags will not be collected 45 minutes prior to departure
How to check-in online
If you’re flying with us to a local kulula destination, follow these easy steps for hassle-free check-in:
- In the check-in block above select the appropriate flight number. 'MN' for kulula or 'BA' for British Airways
- Insert your booking code and last name to search for your itinerary
- Once successfully logged in, go through the list of baggage security items to check you are not carrying any dangerous goods on board the aircraft, on you or in your luggage
- Select the travellers you are checking in, and indicate the type of traveller you are; male, female or child
- You can either check in or select a seat. To select a seat, click on the ‘select seat’ tab and choose your preferred seat free of charge. If you've already purchased a pre-paid seat, you can change it at this stage, but once check-in is complete, no further changes can be made. Otherwise, go straight to check-in
- Once you’ve checked in, you have the option to print your boarding pass or email it to your preferred email address/es. You can also print your boarding pass at home or at the self-service kiosks or collect it at the check-in counters
Self-service check-in options
- Desktop or laptop using the check-in tab
- On mobile devices at kulula.mobi
- Self-service kiosks at selected airports
Read more about airport check-in.