Enjoy great savings on accommodation with the Vitality Hotel Collection benefit and choose form over 500 top hotels, lodges, bed and breakfasts and resorts. As a Discovery Vitality member your Vitality status will give you a saving on the cost of your accommodation, and when paying with a Discovery Card, it’s possible to qualify for an additional saving of as much as up to 50%. The saving is based on your Vitality status on the date that you make the booking, not the date you will be staying at the hotel.
- To get the discount, book online at kulula.com Remember to log in as a Vitality member. If you are not logged in, you will not get your discount. Bookings can also be made via our Contact Centre on 0861 KULULA (585852). You must book at least 21 days before the check-in date to get the Vitality saving.
- You will get a flat 10% saving, if you book within 21 days of travelling or do not have any nights left on the accommodation benefit. The additional 15% Discovery Card discount cannot be used where the flat 10% saving is applied.
- These requirements may change from time to time. Bookings are for leisure and not business use. Usage is deducted based on the booking date and not the travel date. Therefore bookings made in a next calendar year will count towards the year the booking is made in. (Per calendar year refers to 1st of January to 31st December of the same year).
- Vitality members who pay using a Discovery Card will qualify for an additional 15 % discount. The Discovery Card must be in good standing. The additional 15 % Discovery Card discount is not applicable to bookings where the 10 % flat discount is applied.
- There will be a Vitality booking fee charged per booking, per room, regardless of the number of people in the booking.
- All Vitality members qualify for this benefit. You must be 18 years or older to make the accommodation booking.
- If you join Vitality more than three months after joining Discovery Health, Discovery Life or Group Life, there is a waiting period of three months before you can use Vitality travel benefits, including the Vitality Hotel Collection.
- You can make an accommodation booking for other Vitality or for non-Vitality members. As long as one person over 18 years old has a Vitality membership to make the booking and is one of the travellers.
- The Vitality saving will be based on the Vitality status of the Vitality member making the booking.
- Your Vitality discount will apply at a room booking level, regardless of whether there are non-Vitality members included in your booking.
- You can book for a maximum of nine people.
- Protea hotel bookings must include a Saturday night.
- Additional guests arriving at Tsogo Sun properties, that have not been included in the original booking and are not confirmed on the reservation may be subject to additional accommodation and meal charges at the discretion of the property. Any additional charges (including meals) will be billed as an extra cost for the booked guest.
- Garden Court hotels bookings must include a Saturday night and either a Friday or Sunday
- Some holiday accommodation properties do not cater for families and do not offer family rooms
- Services such as breakfast may or may not be included.
Change or cancel a booking
For booking changes, please call the Contact Centre on 0861 KULULA (585852) with your membership number and booking details.
- Bookings cannot be made within 48hrs of check-in date
- At least 1 guest must be an adult in a room & no minors may stay in their own rooms
- Cancellation fees might apply
- If you cancel your booking and do not have to pay a penalty fee, your usage will be reversed within 48 hours. Card refunds will take up to 7 days, due to bank processing. If you have to pay a 50% penalty fee, your usage will not be reversed
- We will not charge the cancellation fee in certain circumstances.
- To change your booking, cancel it first and then make a new booking (it will depend on availability).
- If you cancel a booking to make changes, all the Vitality Hotel Collection rules will apply to the new booking.
- The cancellation policy and the penalty fees depend on the different notice periods determined by each property.You can view this information during the booking process or on your booking voucher.
Terms & conditions
For a full list of Discovery Vitality terms and conditions visit discovery.co.za