Whether you’re travelling with a babe-in-arms or a toddler, do remember to include them in your booking to avoid having to re-book your flight.
Infants are our ‘mini fans’ between the ages of 7 days and 2 years old. They fly for R130 per trip (incl. VAT, excl. airport taxes).
- Infants must be between the ages of 7 days old (if the pregnancy was a minimum of 31 weeks) and 2 years on the date of travel
- Infants must travel on the lap of a legal guardian
- At least one adult is required to accompany each infant
- Premature babies (born at less than 31 weeks) will require approval to travel and parents or guardians should call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852) for further assistance
- If an infant turns 2 years old while away, the return trip back must be booked as a child ticket as they are then required to sit in their own seat
- Additional bags may not be purchased for infants – see more on infant baggage and hand luggage allowances
Children are aged between 2 and 12 years. They must have their own ticket and pay the adult fare.
- They must be accompanied by an adult aged 16 years or older
- For every five children (aged 2 to 12 years) travelling, one adult is required to accompany them
- Children over the age of 12 years can travel unaccompanied. However, kulula do not offer an unaccompanied minor service
- Children have the same baggage allowances as adult passengers
When our mini-fans fly with us we reward them with a cool certificate so that they remember the occasion. If you did not receive a kiddies certificate at the airport, download one here.
Travelling while pregnant?
- Women from 28 weeks pregnant will need a doctor's consent form to fly. We will require confirmation from the Doctor or midwife, confirming the approximate due date and that there are no complications with the pregnancy
- Women who are 36 weeks pregnant with one child are not allowed to fly
- Women who are 32 weeks pregnant with more than one child are not allowed to fly