Whether its angling or mountain biking, your sports equipment is handled and charged for as an ‘extra bag’. If your equipment exceeds 20kg a ‘heavy bag’ fee is charged. Maximum dimensions are 90x75x43cm (35.5x29.5x16 inches).
Accepted sports equipment includes but is not limited to the following:
|sports equipment||sports travel cases|
|Angling||Not allowed on-board||Not allowed on-board|
|Archery||Not allowed on-board||Not allowed on-board|
|Bowls / Tenpin Bowling||Non-rolling bowling case with bowling balls and shoes||Non-rolling carry case|
|Cricket||Bats, wickets, pads, balls||Recognised cricket coffins or team bags|
|Cycling||Non-motorized bicycle||Recognised bicycle bag *|
|Diving||Scuba tank, scuba regulator, tank harness, and tank pressure gauge (subject to max weight)||Recognised kit bag|
|Field Hockey||Sticks, balls and pads in one equipment bag||Standard team kit bags|
|Golf||Bag containing clubs, balls, umbrella & golf shoes||Recognised golf cases|
|Ice Hockey||Team kit including sticks||Recognised ice hockey kit or team bag|
|Lacrosse||Lacrosse sticks in one equipment bag||Recognised team kit or bags|
|Ski||Snowboard + boots|
|Surfing||Surfboard||Suitable surfboard bag|
One free miscellaneous item weighing 2.5kg per traveller is allowed. More than one item carries an extra bag fee.
Please note: We do not accept any firearms either personal or sporting.
* travelling with a bicycle
Bicycles must be disassembled and packed according to aircraft requirements and checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to departure.
guidelines for disassembly:
- Remove front wheel
- Shift to the highest gear and remove back wheel if necessary
- Remove pedals
- Lower or remove seat post
- Turn handle bars sideways and tape to the frame, ensuring the front forks are secured
- Remove any accessories
- Deflate the bicycle tyres
- Pack your bicycle in a box or a specially manufactured bike case
- Place any accessories in the box
- Only bike parts must be packed in the box
- No part of the bike must protrude out of the box. Seal, label and tag
If you have any queries call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852).