Whether it’s some extra legroom, sitting front row with first dibs on the overhead compartments, or simply a view of the clouds you’re looking for, you can select your favourite spot for a small fee. By choosing a window, middle, aisle or even an exit row, you get to secure a seat to suit your needs and ensure you sit close to family and friends before you even check-in.
Add a pre-paid seat:
- for a small fee at the time of making your booking online or by calling our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852) at least 24 hours before departure. Prices range from R50 to R120 (depending on your seat selection)
- or add your preferred seat to your existing kulula booking more than 24 hours prior to flight departure
- extra legroom
- self service check-in not available
- first row of the plane
- extra legroom and nobody in front of you
adding a pre-paid seat to your booking
Select your preferred seat from R50 to R120 (incl. VAT) each depending on your seat selection when making your booking. With this small fee, you can:
- be sure you’ll be sitting in your favourite spot or as far from your boss as you’d like
- choose to secure your preferred pre-paid seat in advance or select a seat from what’s available when you check-in for free – it’s all optional
- ensure you’re sitting with (or away from) your kids and loved ones
- Even if you have purchased a pre-paid seat you’ll need to check-in, either online within 24 hours of flight departure or at the airport 90 minutes before flight departure.
- Pre-paid seats are non-refundable. To make a change to your selection after the booking please call our Contact Centre 0861 KULULA (585852).
exit row seating conditions
You may have one of the best seats on the plane with some added legroom, but with it comes great responsibility.
You can purchase an exit row seat when you make your booking or later via ‘manage my booking’ but you will have to adhere to the safety regulations below.
For safety reasons, travellers sitting in the exit row MUST meet the following requirements:
- Only available to able-bodied passengers who meet the safety requirements
- Able to read, understand or give instructions in English
- Willing and able to assist crew in the case of an emergency
- Be free from any condition (physical or mental) that may prevent you from assisting in the case of an emergency
- Have the strength, mobility, or balance required to open the exit door, assist the crew and exit the aircraft speedily
- Be at least 16 years old
- Not available for infants, children, disabled, visually impaired or elderly passengers.
Failure to meet these requirements will result in your removal from the seat and reseating at the airport or onboard. You can purchase an exit row seat when making your booking or later via ‘manage booking’ but you will have to adhere to the above safety regulations.