Check-in opens 90 min before take-off and closes sharply 30 min before your local flight and 60 min prior to departure for international flights (outside of South African borders e.g. Mauritius, Harare and Victoria Falls). Each passenger must bring along their valid South African ID book/Smart Card, South African driver’s licence or valid passport. Children up to 16 years old and younger travelling with the group must produce a certified copy or original of their birth certificate or passport. Learn more on acceptable forms of identification.
Groups can check-in through
- The airport check-in desks individually with their baggage
- Groups of up to 15 travellers can check-in using web check-in and self-service kiosks at the airport
- Groups of 9 or less travellers can check-in using kulula.mobi
When checking in at the airport counters, please ensure you proceed to the correct airline counter. Check your flight numbers. If they begin with ‘BA’, please check in at the British Airways (operated by Comair) counters.
Check-in desks open 90 minutes before take-off and close 30 minutes before flight departure for local flights and 60min prior to departure for international flights.
Even if you check in via the website or mobi the following still applies:
- Arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before flight departure so you can drop off your bags and go through security
- Bag drop-off for domestic flights close 30 minutes prior to departure
- Bag drop-off for international flights close 40 minutes prior to departure
- If you have a BA flight number please proceed to the British Airways (operated by Comair) counters