Take note that all travel is under taken in accordance with the kulula.com terms and conditions; conditions of contract and conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage, please ensure the group is aware of these conditions. The group has to read the legal stuff regarding; Notice of Government Imposed Taxes and Fees, Notice of Personal Liability limitation, Notice of Baggage Liability limitation, Disclaimer and all other important legal information.
While every effort is made to ensure that all information on the site is updated and correct, neither Comair Limited nor kulula.com shall be liable for any loss, breach, damage (whether direct, consequential, general or special) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be caused, directly or indirectly through the use of, supply or reliance upon any information or service provided by or to the airline through this website.
Notice of government imposed taxes
The amount paid for this ticket may include taxes and fees which are imposed on air transportation by Government or other official authorities. Taxes and fees, which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are reflected separately on your ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes or fees not already collected.
Notice of personal liability limitation
Unless the Convention or other applicable law requires otherwise, in the event of an accident resulting in death, wounding, or other bodily injury to a passenger whilst on board an aircraft operated by us or in the course of any of the operations of embarking or disembarking, the amount of damages payable by us is limited to 113 100 Special Drawing Rights.
Further details concerning our limitations of liability are set out in our General Conditions of Carriage for Passenger and Baggage, which is available on our website or on request from us.
Notice of baggage liability limitations
Liability for loss, delay or damage to baggage shall be limited, insofar as Domestic Carriage is concerned, i.e. carriage wholly within the Republic of South Africa, to a limit of 17 (seventeen) Special Drawing Rights (twenty U.S. dollars per kilogram (U.S. $20/kilo) per checked baggage and 332 Special Drawing Rights (U.S. $400) in the case of unchecked baggage provided that if in accordance with applicable law different limits of liability are applicable such different limits shall apply. For International Carriage and in respect of which the Montreal Convention applies, and in respect of destruction, loss of or damage or delay to baggage, our liability shall be limited to 1131 Special Drawing Rights.
kulula groups terms and conditions
- A 10% non-refundable deposit is required where a booking is made more than 63 days prior to departure. The deposit is required to be paid within 14 days of the quotation being accepted.
- A 10% non-refundable deposit is required where a booking is made between 52 and 63 days prior to departure. The deposit is required to be paid within 7 days of the quotation being accepted.
Bookings made less than 52 days prior to depature
If bookings are made less than 52 days prior to departure, full payment is required within 48 hours after quote acceptance. Refer to payment validity on quotation. The booking will be automatically cancelled if the deposit or full payment has not been received by the specified date.
Final payment late bookings
- Bookings made between 5 - 13 days full payment is required within 24 hours.
- Bookings made between 1 - 4 days, immediate payment to finalize the booking.
Forms of payment
Please note we currently only accept EFT payments, for both deposits and final payment. For EFT payments, please allow sufficient time for funds to reflect before your payment is due to avoid unnecessary cancellation of bookings.
- 100% Cancellation fee applies to all funds received 63 days or less.
- Payments made prior to 63 days, a reasonable cancellation fee will be charged.
Final names as per ID document or passport to be advised, and tickets must be issued no later than 48 hours prior to departure. If booking less than 14 days prior to departure, names are required within 24 hours of booking. If the tickets are not issued on the specified date, the booking.
- After ticketing, name changes are permitted at a charge of R300.00 (excl. VAT) per change and up to 48 hours prior to departure, thereafter no name changes are permitted.
- A change of booking fee will be charged at R399.00 (incl. VAT) per person per sector plus any difference in the fare available at the time of the change, if applicable.
- Breakaways not permitted for series bookings.
No show passengers
- If you arrive after check-in has closed for your flight, we cannot accept you for travel (no-show passenger). The flight sector on which you were booked and any onward flights will be cancelled and you will be charged 100% cancellation fee.
Infants under the age of 2 years are charged a fare inclusive of VAT and tax per trip. Infants are allowed one checked bag weighing up to 20kg plus a collapsible pushchair and a child seat for free.
Children do not qualify for discount. Children have to travel with at least one person aged 16 years or older and at least one adult for every 10 kiddies under 9 years travelling together. One adult is required for every 20 kiddies aged 9 - 12 years travelling together. Children aged 13-15 may travel unaccompanied.
Important info regarding check in:
Passengers will be checked in individually with their baggage. Please remember to bring your valid South African ID document, South African driver’s licence or valid passport with you when you check in. Learn more on acceptable forms of identification. If you have any children travelling with you who are 16 years or younger, a copy of their unabridged birth certificate will need to be presented.
Group online check-in:
- Groups of up to 15 travellers can check-in using web check-in and self-service kiosks at the airport.
- Groups of 9 or less travellers can check-in using kulula.mobi
Group airport check-in:
- Check-in opens 90 minutes before your flight is scheduled to depart and closes 45 minutes before take-off for local flights. For British Airways (operated by Comair) local and international flights, check-in closes 45 minutes prior to departure.
- For international flights check-in opens 3 hours prior to your scheduled departure and closes 60 minutes before take-off. For British Airways (operated by Comair) flights, check-in closes 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Infants can be checked in using self-service or online check in.
You are allowed free checked baggage of one bag weighing up to 20kg. An additional bag weighing no more than 20kg will be allowed for sporting or musical equipment and these bags must be booked through our Group Optimizer and may be subject to limited liability conditions ie. the airline does not accept liability for the loss, damage or destruction to sporting or musical equipment carried at passengers’ request. Please note that this allowance may not apply to special sporting events such as the Cape Town Cycle Tour or 94.7 Cycle Race. A Heavy Bag fee of R330 will be charged at the airport for bags that weigh more than 20kg but less than 32kg. Any baggage in excess of 32kg’s will not be accepted and must be carried as cargo. An extra bag will cost you R320 per bag online or R415 at the airport.
An additional (extra) seat must be purchased for a Cello, which will be carried on board the aircraft. Please contact the groups department for assistance in purchasing this seat.
Baggage must be designed to protect its contents and withstand usual baggage handling procedures at the airports. The carrier is not liable for the damage such as scratches, scuffs, stains, dents, cuts, cracks and dirt resulting from normal wear and tear or water damage to non-waterproof luggage or any damage to any protruding parts of the baggage such as handles, straps and the like. The carrier in addition will not accept liability for valuable items (such as jewellery, mobile phones, important documents, laptops, cash, and the like) or fragile items (such as breakable items, laptops and the like). The carrier will furthermore not accept liability for damage or loss of protruding parts such as wheels, straps, pull-handles or other items that are attached to baggage, or items lost as a result of badly packed baggage
Comair no longer accepts firearms.
Please ensure that you remove any objects from your hand baggage, such as knives, scissors, toy guns, sporting bats, golf clubs and/or any other similar items, that may be construed as dangerous items, and place them into your checked baggage for carriage.
Dangerous articles (such as compressed gases, corrosives, explosives, flammable liquids and solids, radioactive materials, oxidising materials, poisons and infectious substances) must not be carried in baggage. Ask us if you are unsure what items are regarded as dangerous, because we can’t allow you to travel with this sort of stuff in your bag/s. Objects such as knives, scissors, toy guns, sporting bats, golf clubs and / or any other similar items are considered as dangerous items, and will only be accepted as checked baggage. Harmful articles and / or prohibited items must be declared at check-in. Failure to do so may result in the confiscation of such items and / or potential legal action may be taken against you.
Our schedules are current and are subject to change without prior notice. The times set out in the schedules do not form part of our contract with you.
For further information on legal terms, read more.