Take note that all travel is under taken in accordance with the kulula.com terms and conditions; conditions of contract and conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage, please ensure the group is aware of these conditions. The group has to read the legal stuff regarding; Notice of Government Imposed Taxes and Fees, Notice of Personal Liability limitation, Notice of Baggage Liability limitation, Disclaimer and all other important legal information.
While every effort is made to ensure that all information on the site is updated and correct, neither Comair Limited nor kulula.com shall be liable for any loss, breach, damage (whether direct, consequential, general or special) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be caused, directly or indirectly through the use of, supply or reliance upon any information or service provided by or to the airline through this website.
notice of government imposed taxes
The amount paid for this ticket may include taxes and fees which are imposed on air transportation by Government or other official authorities. Taxes and fees, which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are reflected separately on your ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes or fees not already collected.
notice of personal liability limitation
Unless the Convention or other applicable law requires otherwise, in the event of an accident resulting in death, wounding, or other bodily injury to a passenger whilst on board an aircraft operated by us or in the course of any of the operations of embarking or disembarking, the amount of damages payable by us is limited to 113 100 Special Drawing Right provided that it is proved that such death, wounding or other bodily injury was caused by our negligence.
Further details concerning our limitations of liability are set out in our General Conditions of Carriage for Passenger and Baggage, which is available on our website or on request from us.
notice of baggage liability limitations
Liability for loss, delay or damage to baggage shall be limited, insofar as Domestic Carriage is concerned, i.e. carriage wholly within the Republic of South Africa, to a limit of 17 (seventeen) Special Drawing Rights (twenty U.S. dollars per kilogram (U.S. $20/kilo) per checked baggage and 332 Special Drawing Rights (U.S. $400) in the case of unchecked baggage provided that if in accordance with applicable law different limits of liability are applicable such different limits shall apply. For International Carriage and in respect of which the Montreal Convention applies, and in respect of destruction, loss of or damage or delay to baggage, our liability shall be limited to 10000 Special Drawing Rights (U.S. $1400.00) per passenger.
kulula groups terms and conditions
finalisation of the group
- Tickets to be issued no later than 6 weeks prior to departure
- Reservations made 4 weeks or less prior to departure will need to be ticketed within 24 hrs
- Failure to make payment by the date stipulated in the quotation will result in the automatic cancellation of your booking.
- 10% cancellation fee applies should there be a cancellation 42 days or more prior to departure
- 50% cancellation fee applies should there be a cancellation 41- 31 days prior to departure
- 100% cancellation fee applies should there be a cancellation 30-0 days prior to departure or should there be a no show
- Name and surname as per the ID or passport must be provided. Failure to do so will result in the client having to purchase new tickets
- 2 name changes are permitted per group booking, thereafter no further name changes will be permitted.
- Name changes must be finalised at least 24 hours prior to departure
flight changes (breakaways)
- Not permitted on the first sector of your journey or on a one way flight
- 10% breakaways allowed on the return flight.
- The Group fare cannot be guaranteed on the breakaways and the difference in fare will need to be paid on confirmation of the travel arrangements.
- A Change of Booking fee will be charged at R200 inclusive of VAT per person, plus any difference in fare if applicable
- Breakaways to be finalised no later than 2 weeks prior to departure.
tour leader ticket
- 1 free ticket will be provided for every 16 full paying adults booked
- A maximum of 2 free tickets will be permitted
- Airport taxes will be charged for separately
no show passengers
- If you arrive after check-in has closed for your flight, we cannot accept you for travel (no-show passenger). The flight sector you were booked on and any onward flights will be cancelled and you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- Any cost incurred as a result of you missing your flight will be for your own account.
Infants under the age of 2 years are charged a fare inclusive of VAT and tax per trip. Infants are allowed one checked bag weighing up to 20kg plus a collapsible pushchair and a child seat for free.
Children do not qualify for discount. Children have to travel with at least one adult aged 16 years or older and at least one adult for every 10 kiddies under 9 years travelling together. One adult required for every 20 kiddies aged 9 - 12 years travelling together. Unfortunately we don’t accept unaccompanied minors.
important info regarding check in:
Passengers will be checked in individually with their baggage. Please remember to bring your valid South African ID document, South African driver’s licence or valid passport with you when you check in. Learn more on acceptable forms of identification. If you have any children travelling with you who are 16 years or younger, a copy of their birth certificate will need to be presented.
group online check-in:
Available for groups less than 20 passengers travelling together.
group airport check-in:
Airport check-in opens 90 minutes before takeoff and closes sharply 45 min before your scheduled flight departure.
You are allowed free checked baggage of one bag weighing up to 20kg. An additional bag weighing no more than 20kg will be allowed for sporting or musical equipment and these groups must be booked through our Groups Department. Please note that this allowance may not apply to special sporting events such as the Cape Argus. Any checked baggage in excess of 20kg, a Heavy Bag fee of R300 will be charged at the airport for bags that weigh more than 20kg but less than 32kg. Any baggage in excess of 32kg’s will not be accepted and must be carried as cargo. An extra bag will cost you R290 per bag online or R385 at the airport.
The security questions pertain to both cabin baggage and checked hold baggage:
- Does this bag belong to a member travelling in your group?
- Did the member pack the bag themselves?
- Has it been in the member’s possession since they packed it?
- Are you sure that no one has given the member anything to carry for them?
Comair no longer accepts firearms. Please ensure that all valuables are removed from your checked baggage as the airline does not accept liability for lost or damaged valuables such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Mobile (cell) phones
- Electronic equipment
- Computer equipment (including Laptops)
- Legal/travel documents (i.e. passports etc).
Please ensure that you remove any objects from your hand baggage such as knives, scissors, toy guns, sporting bats, golf clubs and/or any other items that may be construed as dangerous items, and place them into your checked baggage for carriage.
Dangerous articles (such as compressed gases, corrosives, explosives, flammable liquids and solids, radioactive materials, oxidising materials, poisons and infectious substances) must not be carried in baggage. Ask us if you are unsure what items are regarded as dangerous, cause we can’t allow you to travel with this sort of stuff in your bags. Objects such as knives, scissors, toy guns, sporting bats, golf clubs and / or any other items are considered as dangerous items, and will only be accepted as checked baggage. harmful articles and / or prohibited items must be declared. Failure to do so may result in the confiscation of such items and / or potential legal action may be taken against you.
Our schedules are current and are subject to change without prior notice.