Online check-in is available to all passengers travelling with an e-ticket on selected flights on kulula.com.
- Visit our website from 24 hours to 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight and follow the simple instructions.
- To access your itinerary, you will need your confirmed booking number which is to be found on your booking confirmation email.
- Passengers who wish to make a change to their booking after they have used the online check-in should be aware that this will result in their online check-in being cancelled and they will be required to either check-in again online or check-in at the airport.
- kulula.com reserves the right to suspend or not to offer online check-in for certain flights from time to time. In this case you will need to check-in as per the normal airport check-in procedure.
- kulula.com reserves the right to change your booked seat for operational reasons.
- Passengers travelling with infants can check-in online. The online check-in system will recognise that the passenger is being accompanied by an infant and pre-seat the passenger and infant automatically. For safety reasons, adults with infants on their laps will be restricted to certain seats on the aircraft. Infants may only travel with their legal guardian. Where a passenger using online check-in is not identifiable as the parent of the accompanying infant, the passenger may, at the boarding gate, be required to prove guardianship of, or written authority from the parents or guardian to transport the infant.
- There is no online check-in available for any short haul international departures.
Home printed boarding passes
- After completing the online check-in process, you will be supplied with a computer generated image of a boarding pass containing the information relevant to your intended flight. This boarding pass may be printed at home before you leave for the airport. You may reprint your boarding pass by going to the online check-in screen and request a reprint alternatively use the self-service kiosk at the airport for this purpose. Home prints need to display the entire boarding pass document and have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. If these conditions are not met, you may be required at the airport to reprint your boarding pass at the check-in counters or the self-service kiosk.
Self service printed boarding passes
- After completing the check in process on the self-service machine, you will be supplied with a boarding pass containing the information relevant to your intended flight. Please note the check in closes 40 minutes prior to your departure time.
Baggage drop off and Boarding requirements
- Passengers must deliver baggage to be checked in to the kulula.com Fast Bag Drop no later than 30 minutes prior to departure for local kulula flights and 45 minutes prior to departure on British Airways (operated by Comair) local and international flights. Failure to deliver your baggage on time will cause this baggage not to be loaded onboard the aircraft. kulula.com reserves the right to refuse acceptance of baggage that is not in conformity with our Baggage and Luggage Policies. For safety reasons, certain dangerous articles must not be carried in passengers' baggage. Click here for more baggage details.
- Once you have delivered your baggage, you may proceed directly to Security without reporting to the check-in counters first.
- At Security you will need to present your printed boarding pass.
- Once you have proceeded through Security, you will need to check the flight information screens in the departure lounge for boarding and gate information. This information will not be contained on your boarding pass.
- For domestic flights, passengers must report to the boarding gate at least 30 minutes prior to departure for kulula flights and 45 minutes prior to departure for British Airways (operated by Comair) flights.
- For international flights, passengers must report to the boarding gate at least 60 minutes prior to departure. For British Airways (operated by Comair) flights, check-in closes 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Failure to arrive at the boarding gate on time will result in you being denied boarding and your baggage being offloaded from the aircraft.
- All passengers using the online check-in must present a valid South African ID document, South African driver's license or valid passport for domestic routes or a valid passport for international routes which will be checked at the boarding gate. Learn more on acceptable forms of identification. Any passenger without acceptable identification as mentioned above will be refused travel.
- Any passenger failing to present their boarding pass at the boarding gate will be required to have their boarding pass re-issued at the kulula.com check-in counters. On return to Security, you will be obliged to re-submit yourself for security screening. kulula.com accepts no liability where such re-issue process results in a passenger missing their flight by failing to report at the boarding gate at the stipulated time before the flights departure.
Hand luggage restrictions
- Passengers travelling with hand baggage should ensure that it meets our requirements with respect to number, size and weight of articles being carried and does not contain any sharp or dangerous objects. kulula.com reserves the right to refuse acceptance of hand luggage that is not in conformity with our Baggage and Luggage Policies.